A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
MUDBORNE... YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN
Mudborne is a laid-back nature sim game about breeding & collecting frogs! Visited in your dreams by a mysterious deity, you begin a journey to help rediscover Her lost children.
- Finally reach your life goals and become an actual frog!
- TINY LITTLE FROGS YOU CAN CATCH AND CHASE
- Find and collect different mushrooms to help buff (or debuff) your frogs
- Play god and manipulate your frogs genetics to create new species
- One of the frogs has a tiny hat!!! GOTY contender????
I've always joked about making "APICO but frog", but it's never been much more than that - with the gamejam theme of "pond" however it seemed like a good opportunity to make it a reality!
With Mudborne I wanted to play more with the idea of direct manipulation & min/max-ing of genetics to find new species (rather than just slapping bees together), as well as some more interesting nature mechanics - while still bringing the same menu management & crafting minigame vibes you all know and love (along with all the learning I've had making APICO!)
I've got lots of ideas for this concept and would love to turn this into a more fleshed out demo and maybe even a full game if people are interested, so if you are maybe give it a lil wishlist??